Published September 13, 2021
- CADTH reimbursement reviews are comprehensive assessments of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness, as well as patient and clinician perspectives, of a drug or drug class.
- The assessments inform non-binding recommendations that help guide the reimbursement decisions of Canada's federal, provincial, and territorial governments, with the exception of Quebec.
- This review assesses semaglutide (Rybelsus), 3 mg, 7 mg, and 14 mg tablets, for oral administration
- Indication: Semaglutide is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with T2DM:
- as monotherapy when metformin is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications;
- in combination with other medicinal products for the treatment of diabetes.